Infection controls and universal precautions protect clients and staff alike. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control — you, your dentist, and the dental team. The cornerstone in a good and safe dental practice is the element of trust. You should feel free to discuss this topic with Dr. Chan or any staff member and receive a straightforward answer.
Dr. Chan and our entire team follow procedures recommended by several state and federal agencies: the Dental Board of California (DBC), the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
These measures include:
- Gloves, face masks, face shields
- Surface disinfection of countertops and surfaces
- Weekly monitoring of sterilizer
- Sterilization of all instruments with multi-parameter indicators
- Disposable materials
- Safety glasses for both patients and staff
- Personal protective equipment for staff
- Multiple high volume evacuation adapters
- Pre-screening of all persons entering the office
- Minimization of in person interaction
- Social distancing
- Appointment scheduling to maximize sanitization efforts
- Virtual reception room using online technology
We sterilize all reusable instruments, including dental hand pieces in an autoclave. (Link this to CDC website on autoclaves).
Annually our entire staff participates in on-site facility, safety and infection compliance seminars and inspections conducted by renowned consultant, Tom Terry (www.Tomterryseminars.com).
The best defense against disease is information. The more you, our patients, know about infection control precautions and our daily procedures and policies, the better equipped you are to make wise decisions about your health care and the more comfortable you will feel.