- Extraoral High Volume Suction (HVS) System
- Precision Dentistry
- Digital Imaging X-Rays
- Digital Impressions
- Paperless Patient Records
- Micro-motion Instruments
- Teledentistry Appointments
Contact Our Office Today...
Sentry Air Systems Extraoral High Volume Suction (HVS) System
A Sentry Air Systems dental customers tested out the extraoral suction system with dry ice. This video shows how the extractor draws in the dry ice fog illustrating how this system would work against dental aerosols. We have two of these systems in use at our office; one for the doctor and one for the hygienist.
When you seek care at our office, you are assured that Dr. Chan and his staff utilize the latest technology to enhance the quality and fit for your dental care.
• Our practice uses magnifying loupes with varying high resolution to enhance the precision of patient care.
Dentistry is micro-surgery. Using magnification glasses that are similar those an ophthalmologist uses enables us to create dental restorations with incredibly precise fit and finish. You just cannot fulfill that level of care with the naked eye.
• In addition to allowing precise, close-up work, the magnifying loupe directs a beam of light directly on the teeth, minimizing glare for you and maximizing visibility for Dr. Chan.
• We use both air-driven and electric hand-pieces for our procedures, increasing your comfort and offering precision with less vibration and noise.
For the many precise aspects of restorative procedures, Dr. Chan’s finely honed skills and experience results in extraordinarily precise interfaces between your tooth and your new restoration.
Dr. Chan chooses carefully which and when radiographs are taken. There are many guidelines that we follow. Radiographs allow us to see everything we cannot see with our own eyes. Radiographs enable us to detect cavities in between your teeth, determine bone level, and analyze the health of your bone. We can also examine the roots and nerves of teeth, diagnose lesions such as cysts or tumors, as well as assess damage when trauma occurs.
Dental radiographs are invaluable aids in diagnosing, treating, and maintaining dental health. Exposure time for dental radiographs is extremely minimal.
• Dr. Chan utilizes digital x-rays, which offer more precision since we view the image on a computer monitor, instead of holding up a 35mm film up to the light.
With digital imaging, exposure time is about 50 percent less when compared to traditional radiographs. Digital imaging can also help us retrieve valuable diagnostic information. We may be able to see cavities better. Digital imaging allows us to store patient images and enables us to quickly and easily transfer them to specialists or insurance companies.
iTero Digital 3D Scanner
The iTero 3D scanner takes a highly accurate digital impression to capture the individual characteristics of your teeth and gum tissues. The iTero Element 2 helps us do what we do – only better. With fast processing and clear imaging, it transforms digital workflow and patient chairside consultations, so patients can better visualize their issues and options. In as little as 60 seconds and by using the iTeroTimeLapse, patients can see 3D visualizations of changes in tooth movement, tooth wear and changes in their gums or gingiva over time. This new technology displays magnification to help patients and our staff to focus on and prioritize areas of concern for better communication. The result is better patient relationships and understanding.
By using the iTero digital 3D scanner, you avoid the process of taking impressions which can be messy, gooey, unpleasant tasting, and time consuming. When taking impressions, some patients have been known to experience difficulty in breathing and swallowing. The iTero scanner eliminates this. The results are safe, accurate, and fast and will have you on the way to your best smile as quickly as possible.
The Nearly Paperless Office
Thanks to emerging paperless technologies, our office can bypass many headaches and decrease our environmental footprint at the same time. Not only does going paperless clear clutter from our office environment, but in this environmentally conscious society, it is the right thing to do.
Here are several cutting edge ways that we have cut paper out of our daily routine:
- Internal Documents. With our networked software we share patient files without that trip to the printer, which allows Dr. Chan, the hygienist and staff to work simultaneously on a family file, treatment plan, insurance or chart. Our software also continuously saves, so we never lose a patient’s file. We can download patient files at any time if you need to email (or print them).
- Paperless Statements and Bill Paying. We are setting up this format as we speak. The more online bill paying you do, the less you’ll spend on postage, envelopes and time coordinating dental insurance claims, checks, and mailings. Running your dental billing through the web makes payments prompt and much easier to track. Most banks offer paperless statements and even provide incentives for customers to manage their accounts online.
- Storage and File Sharing. For moving and storing large files, we use our dental imaging software and dental management software to bridge and store all of our digital images, including digital x-rays.
- Meetings and Printouts. When we conduct patient registrations, medical history forms, insurance forms, or patient surveys we use our laptops, desktops, IPADs, or tablets in-house or off-site via the internet.
We believe that technology provides a host of smart tools to help our office reduce paper waste. Every step towards a paperless environment will save everyone time, money, storage space and clutter.
Micro-motion Instruments from Germany
The esthetics and the performance cannot be beat! They are just like a new car that is all shiny and has the latest technology.
• We wanted to show off our new scientific micro-motion technology instruments for more gentle tooth removal.
Made in Germany from a combination of heavy steel and carbon, they are engineered to remove tooth fragments, roots and non-salvageable teeth with precision and finesse, instead of force. This results in preserving bone and optimizing implant placement.
Dr. Chan continues to update both his skills and the tools of his trade!
The Doctor is In – Virtual Consults Now Available!
Dr. Chan is proud to offer Live Video Consultations to you, our valued dental patients.
In response to the evolving COVID-19 situation and our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and the community, this expansion in our services is meant to offer critical access to dental care during these uncertain times.
Through virtual consultations (E-Consults), Dr. Chan is able to remotely provide his professional medical opinion, discuss symptoms and aspects of care management, and answer any questions or concerns that you might have, as well as prescribe medications and coordinate treatment plans without leaving your couch.
We understand that video consultations do not replace conventional doctor-patient interactions, but it is a crucial alternative to in-person doctor visits given the current crisis.
We will honor all insurance plans normally accepted at our office and as always, your privacy and safety are our number one concerns.
Please call our office at 408-847-1234 to set up your remote appointment today.
We look forward to speaking with you.
The Gilroysmiles.com Team