When you seek care at our office, you are assured that Dr. Chan and his staff utilize the latest technology to enhance the quality and fit for your dental care.
• Our practice uses magnifying loupes with varying high resolution to enhance the precision of patient care.
Dentistry is micro-surgery. Using magnification glasses that are similar those an ophthalmologist uses enables us to create dental restorations with incredibly precise fit and finish. You just cannot fulfill that level of care with the naked eye.
• In addition to allowing precise, close-up work, the magnifying loupe directs a beam of light directly on the teeth, minimizing glare for you and maximizing visibility for Dr. Chan.
• We use both air-driven and electric hand-pieces for our procedures, increasing your comfort and offering precision with less vibration and noise.
For the many precise aspects of restorative procedures, Dr. Chan’s finely honed skills and experience results in extraordinarily precise interfaces between your tooth and your new restoration.
Dr. Chan chooses carefully which and when radiographs are taken. There are many guidelines that we follow. Radiographs allow us to see everything we cannot see with our own eyes. Radiographs enable us to detect cavities in between your teeth, determine bone level, and analyze the health of your bone. We can also examine the roots and nerves of teeth, diagnose lesions such as cysts or tumors, as well as assess damage when trauma occurs.
Dental radiographs are invaluable aids in diagnosing, treating, and maintaining dental health. Exposure time for dental radiographs is extremely minimal.
• Dr. Chan utilizes digital x-rays, which offer more precision since we view the image on a computer monitor, instead of holding up a 35mm film up to the light.
With digital imaging, exposure time is about 50 percent less when compared to traditional radiographs. Digital imaging can also help us retrieve valuable diagnostic information. We may be able to see cavities better. Digital imaging allows us to store patient images and enables us to quickly and easily transfer them to specialists or insurance companies.
iTero Digital 3D Scanner
The iTero 3D scanner takes a highly accurate digital impression to capture the individual characteristics of your teeth and gum tissues. By using the iTero digital 3D scanner, you avoid the process of taking impressions which can be messy, gooey, unpleasant tasting, and time consuming. When taking impressions, some patients have been known to experience difficulty in breathing and swallowing. The iTero scanner eliminates this. The results are safe, accurate, and fast and will have you on the way to your best smile as quickly as possible.
The Nearly Paperless Office
Thanks to emerging paperless technologies, our office can bypass many headaches and decrease our environmental footprint at the same time. Not only does going paperless clear clutter from our office environment, but in this environmentally conscious society, it is the right thing to do.
Here are several cutting edge ways that we have cut paper out of our daily routine:
- Internal Documents. With our networked software we share patient files without that trip to the printer, which allows Dr. Chan, the hygienist and staff to work simultaneously on a family file, treatment plan, insurance or chart. Our software also continuously saves, so we never lose a patient’s file. We can download patient files at any time if you need to email (or print them).
- Paperless Statements and Bill Paying. We are setting up this format as we speak. The more online bill paying you do, the less you’ll spend on postage, envelopes and time coordinating dental insurance claims, checks, and mailings. Running your dental billing through the web makes payments prompt and much easier to track. Most banks offer paperless statements and even provide incentives for customers to manage their accounts online.
- Storage and File Sharing. For moving and storing large files, we use our dental imaging software and dental management software to bridge and store all of our digital images, including digital x-rays.
- Meetings and Printouts. When we conduct patient registrations, medical history forms, insurance forms, or patient surveys we use our laptops, desktops, IPADs, or tablets in-house or off-site via the internet.
We believe that technology provides a host of smart tools to help our office reduce paper waste. Every step towards a paperless environment will save everyone time, money, storage space and clutter.
Micro-motion Instruments from Germany
The esthetics and the performance cannot be beat! They are just like a new car that is all shiny and has the latest technology.
• We wanted to show off our new scientific micro-motion technology instruments for more gentle tooth removal.
Made in Germany from a combination of heavy steel and carbon, they are engineered to remove tooth fragments, roots and non-salvageable teeth with precision and finesse, instead of force. This results in preserving bone and optimizing implant placement.
Dr. Chan continues to update both his skills and the tools of his trade!