Updated Information Regarding COVID-19
Reopening with Special Precautions
Updated as of May 25th, 2020
We are re-opening our general family dental practice and will start seeing patients again on Tuesday, May 26th, 2020.
Whether this is your first visit or you are a returning patient, your first visit post COVID- 19 will include a good pre-screening system and adherence to good infection control standards.
For new patients we will provide an examination, consultation and discussion to understand your needs, wants, and individual treatment options. Occasionally, treatment can be performed the same day as the consultation; however, to provide optimal care, a comprehensive medical/dental history and/or treatment plan may require an in depth evaluation and a second appointment on another day. If you have pain or an emergency situation, every attempt will be made to see you that day.
For returning patients, we welcome you back and hope you will understand why these measures necessitated changing the way we do dentistry.
Infection control has always been a top priority for us and you will observe this during your visits. Our infection control processes are designed to keep you safe and comfortable. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow their recommendations to stay current and to keep you and our team safe
At each of your visits, you will experience the concept of the virtual waiting room. The goal of this is to reduce in person interaction and help maintain social distancing during your visit. These protocols are designed to protect you and our staff. For example:
- Pre-Appointment – Patients are encouraged to use online tools as much as possible. Prior to your appointment, please complete the forms available on our website at www.gilroysmiles.com. To access your account, you will need to call our office at Office of Gar N. Chan, D.D.S., Inc. Phone Number 408-847-1234 to set up your user name and password.
- Arrival –
- Patients must be symptom-free before coming into the office. You will be asked the same online COVID -19 screening questions again when you are in the office.
- Please take your temperature the morning of the appointment. We will confirm “no fever” with a thermometer on your arrival.
- Upon arrival at our office, call us before entering to let us know you have arrived. We will call or text you when the office is ready for you to enter.
- Patients should wait outside the office until they are called via phone call or text.
Few patients or visitors should wait in the reception room.
- We ask that patients enter the office unaccompanied, unless the patient is a minor or has special needs. If so, we ask this be limited to a single person.
- Everyone entering the office is expected to wear a face covering and to sanitize their hands immediately upon entry.
- Management – Our reception room does not offer magazines, since these are difficult to clean and disinfect. We will do our best to allow time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to minimize the number of people in the office at any one time.
- Technology – Tele-dentistry has become a rapidly emerging technology which we intend to provide for our patients in order to minimize in person interaction. This will be used in conjunction with an intra-oral camera and allow patients real time internet interaction with Dr. Chan. We look forward to embracing this as well as using our Itero 3-D camera during exams and restorative procedures.
We look forward to seeing you. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
To gain access to our Patient Online Forms, call Office of Gar N. Chan, D.D.S., Inc. Phone Number 408-847-1234 for an appointment.
Contact Our Office Today…
Available online forms will include the following:
- Consent for Internet Communications
- Patient Registration for New Patients
- Medical & Dental History – Full Form (3)
- Safety & Wellness Screening Form (4)
- Personal Protection Equipment Fee (2)